Hi! I am Dexter Diwas. 🙂
I also worked for the government as a Public Attorney for 5 years. As a lawyer, I experienced dealing with people with substance use disorder, battered women, couples on the verge of separating, children in conflict with the law, people losing their jobs, and people just going through the daily challenges of life. With this exposure, I realized how important it is for a person to know what his gifts are. And I became aware of how liberating it is to know your worth as a person.
In my life journey, I have asked questions like:
1) What course should I take in college? Why should I quit law school?
2) Should I risk venturing in this kind of business?
3) Should I resign from work or stay a little longer?
4) What activities should I say “Yes” to?
5) How will I survive this type of addiction?
6) How can I make use of my time productively?
7) How can I strengthen my relationship with my wife? Should we go out on a date this weekend?
8) How should I raise my child? Am I doing the right thing? Should I read him a story tonight?
9) Should I visit my dad after work? What will happen to me when I grow old?
10) What do I really want to do in life?
We ask these life changing questions everyday. Questions that can be a source of stress when we don’t know how to handle them.
Thankfully, I found clear direction after I discovered CliftonStrengths Assessment. This motivated me to eventually become a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach. I am advocating the reality that everything we need to survive life is already given to us by our God, we just have to tap on it.
As a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach, it is my goal to help people who ask the same questions that I once asked.
I want you to discover who you are, I want you to be able to claim your gifts too and live a life that says – “thank God, I am alive”.
Through Bright Hope Room for Growth Inc., I developed “Building a Stronger You: A Strengths Awareness Session”. This is regularly offered during SATURDAYS (once, twice, or thrice a month). Visit our Events! Page for updated schedules.